Providing help along the way.
Receiving a diagnosis of cancer can be an emotionally charged and confusing time for anyone. In addition to the support and information provided by your physicians and family, Frye’s certified cancer nurse navigators are available for an added measure of encouragement, education and assistance. Our team of cancer nurse navigators will listen to your needs and expectations, provide answers to your questions, and guide you through the care process – helping to coordinate and streamline your treatment.
Our cancer nurse navigators offer one-on-one information and support including:
- Help you and your family understand your cancer diagnosis
- Assist you in evaluating treatment options
- Educate you about treatment, medications, side effects and recovery
- Coordinate your appointments with various physicians and therapists
- Facilitate communication between you and your care team
- Refer you, if needed, to support programs and resources in the broader community
- Provide emotional support and guidance
Our navigators are registered nurses with additional training in cancer diagnosis and treatment – two navigators have specific training in breast cancer, while a third navigator is trained in colorectal cancers.
Of course, our cancer nurse navigator program is completely confidential, and the program is offered free of charge.