Open Heart Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
- Minimally Invasive CAB
- Valvular Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Valve Repair and Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Endoscopic Saphenous Vein Harvesting
- Partial Sternotomy
- Aortic Root Dissection and Aneurysm Replacement
- Surgical Atrial Fibrillation Correction
- Digital Catheterization
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Intracoronary Stents/drug eluting stents
- Rotablator, Directional Athrectomy and Thrombectomy
- Pacemaker, bi-ventricular pacing for management of CHF, and ICD/Bi-V ICD Implantation and Revision
- Angiojet system for removal of Intracoronary Thrombus
- Intravascular Ultrasound
- Intracardiac Ultrasound
Interventional Procedures: Specially trained cardiologists at the Frye Heart Center may correct damaged heart vessels or blockages in the catheterization laboratory using non-surgical procedures. Of the many benefits of this approach, our patients like that they may return to work and other daily activities faster. The cath lab also uses an Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) imaging device that allows the doctor to see anatomy and results of the interventions from the inside of the coronary arteries and Intracardiac Echo (ICE) for echo from within the cardiac chambers.
- 96 channel recording system
- RF Ablation
- 3-D mapping
- Implant and analysis of all forms of pacing, bi-ventricular pacing for management of CHF, and ICD and Bi-V ICD
- NIPS analysis and advanced programming of implanted ICDs.
- Tilt Table Studies
- 2D Echo/Doppler
- Transesophageal Echo (TEE)
- Stress/Nuclear Stress Testing
- Holter Monitoring
- King of Hearts long term monitoring
- Dedicated Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit with specially trained staff to care for patients after open-heart surgery.
- 37 bed Telemetry unit with focus on cardiac rehab and early discharge from the hospital
- 16 bed Observation Unit for outpatient cath and interim telemetry support for short term intensive observation
- Two dedicated open heart surgery suites
- Four Cardiac Catheterization suites with digital imaging capability
- Electrophysiology lab for study and ablation treatment of cardiac arrhythmias
- Cardiopulmonary Rehab program
- Hospitality House – a historic home across from the hospital available for families-based on availability-to spend the night yet remain in the vicinity.
- Heart Helpers Support group – open to heart attack survivors, family, friends and caregivers.
Electrophysiology Procedures: This service provides sophisticated recording and 3-D mapping of cardiac conduction, along with ablation treatment of arrhythmias. We also perform advanced NIPS testing of implanted ICD’s to maximize all three modalities and to lengthen the useful life of these costly devices.
Surgical Services: When patients require surgery to correct their heart problem, coronary artery bypass and valve repair/replacement are available at the Frye Heart Center including some of the latest “minimally invasive” surgery techniques. These procedures may be done while the heart is beating, and without the use of a heart/lung bypass pump..
Nursing Care: Nursing care at the Frye Heart Center includes five special care units: the post surgery Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU), a Post Cardiology Recovery Unit (PCRU), and a Telemetry unit which is located in the Heart Tower. Each unit is equipped with sophisticated monitoring systems, which provide support and care for the seriously and critically ill heart patients.
Other special units are the Critical Care Unit (CCU) and Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU). Many patients that receive stents, Angioplasty, Rotablator and advanced interventions as well as heart attack patients are cared for on these units.
Cardiac Rehabilitation: The Cardiac Rehabilitation program at the Frye Heart Center is one of the earliest established programs in North Carolina. The nurses and staff instruct patients and families before surgery and start the recovery exercises the afternoon the patient comes out of surgery. The exercise regimen increases until the patient is discharged a couple of days later at which time they are invited to join our outpatient program.
- Heart Center: (828) 32-HEART or 315-3278
- Heart Tower Lobby (828) 315-5388
- Hospitality House: (828) 315-4544 or 315-6896
Back to Top