Our Holistic Approach to Cancer Care
From state-of-the-art diagnostics to the newest laser-guided radiation treatments designed to pinpoint and destroy cancer cells, Frye’s cancer program combines the latest proven treatments with practical information and warm support. The result is a holistic approach to cancer care delivered by a passionate team of cancer specialists – from our physicians and surgeons to our cancer nurses, therapists, pharmacists, nurse navigators, educators and technicians. We have created a nurturing environment in which individuals with cancer and their families receive not only the latest treatment, but the information, support and encouragement they seek.
As an accredited comprehensive cancer center, patients benefit from the full spectrum of cancer treatments Frye offers. As part of the Frye family of services, patients are assured that the Cancer Center operates at the most exacting standards. For nearly one hundred years, Frye has focused on one goal – to provide the best care possible for every patient. Perhaps that’s why Cancer Center patients consistently give Frye the highest marks possible for quality and comfort.
Accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
The quality of Frye’s cancer program is validated by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. Only one in four hospitals that treat cancer receives this commendation. Receiving care at a Commission on Cancer approved cancer program ensures that you will have access to:
· Comprehensive care through a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment.
· A team approach to coordinate the best treatment options available.
· Information about cancer clinical trials, education, and support.
· Lifelong patient follow-up through a cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results.
· Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care.
· Quality care close to home.