The NAPBC is a consortium of professional organizations dedicated to the improvement of the quality of care and monitoring of outcomes of patients with diseases of the breast. This mission is pursued through standard-setting, scientific validation, and patient and professional education. Its board membership includes professionals from 15 national organizations that reflect the full spectrum of breast care.
The American Cancer Society (ACS) estimated that there would be 192,370 patients diagnosed with invasive breast cancer in the United States in 20091. In addition, hundreds of thousands of women who will deal with benign breast disease this year will require medical evaluation for treatment options.
Receiving care at a NAPBC-accredited center ensures that a patient will have access to:
- Comprehensive care, including a full range of state-of-the-art services
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
And, most importantly,
- Quality breast care close to home.
For more information about the breast cancer services at Frye, call 828-315-3596.
For more information about the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, visit their Web site at www.accreditedbreastcenters.org. For information on Frye Regional Medical Center or for physician referral, call 828-315-3391 or go to ww.fryemedctr.com.
1. American Cancer Society Cancer Facts & Figures 2009. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2009.