Cancer Support and Recovery
Frye Cancer Support Center
The Frye Cancer Support Center is located at 328 North Center Street in Hickory, next to the hospital's emergency room.
The newly renovated space includes a warm, inviting meeting area and a library/media room with a computer workstation and up-to-date information for our patients and their caregivers. Our staff is available to provide information on prevention, early detection, education and community resources.
Providing Help Along The Way
Receiving a diagnosis of cancer can be an emotionally charged and confusing time for anyone. In addition to the
support and information provided by your physicians and
family, Frye Regional’s certified cancer nurse navigators are
available for an added measure of encouragement,
education and assistance.
Our team of cancer nurse navigators will listen to your needs and expectations,
provide answers to your questions, and guide you through the care process –
helping to coordinate and streamline your treatment.
Our cancer nurse navigators offer one-on-one information and support including:
- Help for you and your family to understand your cancer diagnosis
- Assistance in evaluating treatment options
- Education about treatment, medications, side effects and recovery
- Coordination of your appointments with various physicians and therapists
- Facilitatation of communication between you and your care team
- A referral, if needed, to support programs and resources in the broader community
- Emotional support and guidance
Our cancer nurse navigator program is confidential, and the program is offered free of charge.
Frye Regional's cancer support groups are available to assist those whose lives have been touched by cancer.
Call the Frye Cancer Support Center at 828.315.3596, option 2, for more information.
- Behavioral Health
- Brain Center
- Cancer Care
- Diabetes Care Center
- Diagnostics and Radiology
- FryeCare Outpatient Imaging Center
- Heart Care
- Infusion Care Center
- Lung Care
- Men's Health
- Mobile Health
- Mother & Baby
- Occupational Health
- Orthopedic & Spine
- Piedmont Therapy
- Radiation Oncology
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Care
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Unifour Pain Treatment Center
- Vascular Center
- Vein Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Center