Frye Cardiac Rehabilitation
If you have been diagnosed with coronary artery disease or experienced a heart attack, angioplasty or open heart surgery, you may be a candidate for cardiac rehabilitation. The Cardiac Rehab Program at Frye Regional Medical Center is for patients who are at risk for cardiovascular events or have had an event. Our goal is to educate you and your family about your particular heart issue and to help you lead a healthier, more satisfying and fulfilling life.
The objective of cardiac rehabilitation is to assist you in developing a personal healthy lifestyle plan, which includes physical activity, education, stress management and improved nutrition. During monitored activity sessions, we help you increase heart and lung capacity and overall muscle strength, to give you the confidence to do the activities you enjoy the most.
Based on your personal goals, benefits will vary, but may include:
- Strengthening and conditioning your heart/lungs.
- Controlling your weight and lowering your total cholesterol levels
- Understanding your medications
- Increasing self-confidence and managing stress more effectively
- Reducing your cardiac symptoms and potential for future episodes
- Earlier return to work and daily activities
The Cardiac Rehab Program consists of three phases:
Phase I - Includes education and supervised activity for hospital inpatients recovering from a cardiac event or illness.
Phase II- Requires a physician referral, following a recent cardiac event. This phase is a medically supervised outpatient program that combines exercise training and education to reduce cardiac risk factors, tailored to each individual’s needs. It is an EKG monitored program that meets 3 times a week for approximately 60 minutes. You may benefit from Phase II if you have been diagnosed with:
- Heart attack (within the last 12 months)
- Chest pain/Stable angina
- Angioplasty or Stent procedure (within the last 3 months)
- Coronary Artery Bypass surgery (within the last 3 months)
- Heart Valve repair/replacement (within the last 3 months)
- Heart Transplant (within the last 12 months)
- Stable Chronic Heart Failure (must meet specific requirements)
Phase III- Is a continuation of Phase II. The goal of Phase III is to promote long-term lifestyle changes, motivation and continued regular exercise.
If you or a loved one suffers from heart disease, find out how Frye Cardiac Rehabilitation can improve the quality of your life. Contact our Cardiac Rehabilitation department at 828.315.3563.
Frye Regional's Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is offered in the Outpatient Therapy Services Department at the hospital's main campus located on North Center Street. Enter through the Outpatient Therapy Services area. Valet parking is available.
- Find a Doctor
- Behavioral Health
- Cancer Care
- Diabetes Care Center
- Diagnostics and Radiology
- Frye Occupational Health
- FryeCare Outpatient Diagnostic Center
- Heart Care
- Infusion Care Center
- Men's Health
- Mobile Health
- Mother & Baby
- Orthopedic & Spine
- Radiation Oncology
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Care
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Unifour Pain Treatment Center
- Vascular Center
- Vein & Wound Center
- Women's Services