Breastfeeding classes cover a wide variety of topics including:
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Tips for working mothers who breastfeed their babies
- North Carolina breastfeeding laws
- Pumping and storing breast milk
- Choosing a breast pump
- Other issues such as maintaining milk supply
- Resources and products that are especially helpful are available
Partners are encouraged to attend.
Breastfeeding Classes are held from 6:00 – 9:00 pm on the following dates:
- June 18, 2018
- July 16, 2018
- August 20, 2018
- September 17, 2018
- October 15, 2018
- November 19, 2018
- December 17, 2018
Breastfeeding classes are held at Frye Regional Medical Center in the 3rd floor OB classroom.
Directions to the OB classroom:
- Enter the hospital through the valet entrance on 5th Avenue NE (Same Day Surgery/Birthing Center entrance).
- Once you arrive on the 3rd floor, walk through Labor and Delivery to the front of the nursery.
- The OB classroom is the first room on the left as you walk toward the elevators.