Breastfeeding classes cover a wide variety of topics including:
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Tips for working mothers who breastfeed their babies
- North Carolina breastfeeding laws
- Pumping and storing breast milk
- Choosing a breast pump
- Other issues such as maintaining milk supply
- Resources and products that are especially helpful are available
Partners are encouraged to attend.
Breastfeeding Classes are held from 6:00 – 9:00 pm on the following dates:
- April 15, 2019
- May 20, 2019
- June 17, 2019
- July 15, 2019
- August 19, 2019
- September 16, 2019
- October 14, 2019
- November 18, 2019
- December 16, 2019
Breastfeeding classes are held at Frye Regional Medical Center in the 3rd floor OB classroom.
Directions to the OB classroom:
- Enter the hospital through the valet entrance on 5th Avenue NE (Same Day Surgery/Birthing Center entrance).
- Once you arrive on the 3rd floor, walk through Labor and Delivery to the front of the nursery.
- The OB classroom is the first room on the left as you walk toward the elevators.
For more information, call 828.315.3041
- Weight Loss Introduction
- Pelvic Health Classes
- Heart and Stroke Walk
- Open House for Health Care Professionals
- Get Up and Go Joint Pain Relief Seminar
- Cancer Support Groups
- Parkinson's Classes
- Stroke Support Group
- Diabetes Support Group
- Breastfeeding Classes
- Breastfeeding Support Group
- Childbirth Classes
- Car Seat Safety Class
- Baby Safety Class
- Sibling Tour
- Mended Hearts Cardiac Caregiver Support Group