Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Due to COVID-19, Frye Regional Medical Center is cancelling ALL classes and events until futher notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we look forward to resuming our classes and events when it is appropriate.
Breastfeeding classes cover a wide variety of topics including:
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Tips for working mothers who breastfeed their babies
- North Carolina breastfeeding laws
- Pumping and storing breast milk
- Choosing a breast pump
- Other issues such as maintaining milk supply
- Resources and products that are especially helpful are available
Partners are encouraged to attend.
Breastfeeding Classes are held from 6:00 – 9:00 pm on the following dates:
- January 20, 2020
- February 10, 2020
- March 16, 2020
- April 13, 2020
- May 18, 2020
- June 15, 2020
- July 20, 2020
- August 17, 2020
- September 14, 2020
- October 19, 2020
- November 16, 2020
- December 14, 2020
Breastfeeding classes are held at Frye Regional Medical Center in the 3rd floor OB classroom.
Directions to the OB classroom:
- Enter the hospital through the valet entrance on 5th Avenue NE (Same Day Surgery/Birthing Center entrance).
- Once you arrive on the 3rd floor, walk through Labor and Delivery to the front of the nursery.
- The OB classroom is the first room on the left as you walk toward the elevators.
- Weight Loss Introduction
- Pelvic Health Classes
- Get Up and Go Joint Pain Relief Seminar
- Cancer Support Groups
- Parkinson's Classes
- Stroke Support Group
- Diabetes Support Group
- Kick the Habit
- Breastfeeding Classes
- Breastfeeding Support Group
- Childbirth Classes
- Car Seat Safety Class
- Baby Safety Class
- Sibling Tour
- Mended Hearts