Discover your perfect “fit.” Attend a FREE CarFit Checkup!
This event will be facilitated by occupational therapists on staff at Frye Regional Medical Center
AARP Driver Safety’s CarFit Event
When: April 10, 2019
Where: Hickory Foundation YMCA Sports Complex Parking Lot, 4th St. Dr. NW, Hickory
What Time: 9 am - 12 pm
CarFit is a FREE, interactive and educational program that teaches participants how to make their personal vehicle “fit” them to increase safety and mobility when they hit the road.
- Review 12 key areas of your fit to your car such as adequate space from the steering wheel, proper seat belt use, and properly adjusted head restraints.
- Learn how to use and adjust your safety devices.
- Each checkup takes about 20 minutes—this is not a driving test or mechanical inspection.
For more information, visit www.car-fit.org.
CarFit is an educational program developed by AAA, AARP, and the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Weight Loss Introduction
- Pelvic Health Classes
- Heart and Stroke Walk
- Open House for Health Care Professionals
- Get Up and Go Joint Pain Relief Seminar
- Cancer Support Groups
- Parkinson's Classes
- Stroke Support Group
- Diabetes Support Group
- Breastfeeding Classes
- Breastfeeding Support Group
- Childbirth Classes
- Car Seat Safety Class
- Baby Safety Class
- Sibling Tour
- Mended Hearts Cardiac Caregiver Support Group