Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Visitors Guide to South Campus
Frye Regional’s South Campus is an 81-bed behavioral health hospital that offers treatment for adults suffering from emotional, behavioral and addictive difficulties. South Campus is conveniently located one block from the main entrance of Frye Regional Medical Center.
Visiting Hours for All Units:
Monday - Friday 6 - 7 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 1 - 2 p.m.
Visitation for patients on 1 North will be held in both the cafeteria and on the unit. The unit charge nurse will advise you as to which location you will be assigned for that time. Visitation for patients at South Campus occurs in a communal monitored environment.
Only two visitors per patient are allowed.
Behavioral Health Services:
Holiday Visiting Hours:
Visitation will be from 1 - 2 pm on the following holidays:
• New Year’s Day
• Memorial Day
• Independence Day
• Labor Day
• Thanksgiving Day
• Christmas Eve
• Christmas Day
• New Year’s Eve
Special visiting hours are permitted but must be arranged in advance with the patient’s physician, nurse and unit counselor.
Patient Belongings Policy
1. Three (3) changes of clothing (to season) NO tank tops and NO clothing with inappropriate advertisements or pictures
2. Toiletries will be provided by the hospital
3. One (1) pair of pajamas
4. One (1) pair of comfortable shoes with no strings
5. No electronic or electrical devices
6. No strings, laces or belts allowed
Frye Regional Medical Center-South Campus is not responsible for patient belongings or valuables while in the patient’s possession.
All additional belongings/valuables will be sent home with a family member.
We are a smoke-free facility and patients will not be allowed to smoke during their hospitalization.
Due to environmental/safety issues we need all visitors and family members’ cooperation and assistance in complying with the following South Campus policies:
• Absolutely NO hats, coats, pocket books, cell phones or tobacco products allowed on any units.
• No children younger than 12 years old will be permitted on any unit.
• No adolescents 12-18 years old allowed on the unit unless accompanied by an adult.
• Visitors MUST have the patient’s code number before visiting.
• Visitors will not be permitted to bring in any food or beverage items.
• Items that are brought in MUST be checked in at the nurses’ station and will be inspected by unit personnel.
If you have any questions or concerns about this information, please contact the unit charge nurse for further details.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Fax: (828) 315-5769
Hours of Operation: 24 Hours
How to get here.
From I-40, take Exit 125 (Lenoir-Rhyne Blvd.)
If traveling from Morganton/Asheville Area (I-40 Eastbound), turn left at end of ramp.
If traveling from Statesville Area (I-40 West-bound), turn right at end of ramp.
At the fourth traffic light (first major intersection) turn left on to 1st Ave SW (“Hickory Welcomes You” sign will be to your left in the median).
Go to the next light and turn right on to Highway 127. Go to the third light and turn left onto 3rd Avenue NE (one way street).
Travel one block, go through the light and Frye South Campus in on the left.
- Behavioral Health
- Brain Center
- Cancer Care
- Cancer Prevention
- Diabetes Care Center
- Diagnostics and Radiology
- FryeCare Outpatient Imaging Center
- Heart Care
- Home Health
- Infusion Care Center
- Lung Care
- Men's Health
- Mobile Health
- Occupational Health
- Orthopedic & Spine
- Piedmont Therapy
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Care
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Unifour Pain Treatment Center
- Vascular Center
- Vein Center
- Women's Health Services
- Wound Center