Flu Alert! We are limiting visitation due to increased seasonal flu activity. Learn More
Frye Regional Medical Center, a Duke LifePoint hospital provides open heart surgery, 24/7 interventional cardiology, and an experienced network of heart surgeons, specialists and cardiovascular providers.
Performing more than 4,500 heart procedures per year, the Frye Heart Center brings a high level of expertise and offers the latest advancements in heart care including minimally invasive aortic valve replacement, Impella 2.5® heart pump designed to protect blood circulation during high-risk procedures, and cryoablation, a minimally invasive technology that freezes abnormal heart muscle to treat arrhythmias.
The Frye Heart Center is the first Duke Health heart affiliate in western North Carolina.
Backed by the resources of the Duke Heart Center, Frye Regional gains access to current Duke training and staff education, evidence-based guidelines and practices when it comes to heart and heart-related issues.
Quality You Can Trust
The American Heart Association (AHA) has recognized Frye Regional Medical Center with its Mission: Lifeline® Gold Receiving Quality Achievement Award for the fourth year in a row, which designates the facility's quality standards for caring for individuals having a heart attack. The AHA also recognized Frye Regional with a Gold Plus Award for its treatment of Heart Failure patients for three consecutive years.
As an American College of Cardiology's NCDR ACTION Registry Platinum Performance Achievement Award winner for 2018, Frye Regional is recognized among the nation's top performing hospitals for treatment of heart attack patients.
As an accredited Cardiac Cath Lab with PCI, Chest Pain Center with PCI and a Primary Stroke Center, Frye Regional works closely with EMS providers, physicians, nurses and other clinicians to diagnose and treat advanced heart conditions right here - close to home.
Recognized for Quality
The Frye Regional Heart Center is recognized for the quality of its program with numerous awards and recognitions, including:
- Duke Heart Affiliation 2016 - Backed by the resources of the Duke Heart Center, Frye Regional gains access to the most current Duke training and staff education, evidence-based guidelines and practices when it comes to heart and heart-related issues.
- Mission: Lifeline® Gold Receiving Quality Achievement Award - Recognizing Frye Regional for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks
- American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines®-Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award - Recognizing Frye Regional for ensuring that heart failure patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: StrokeSM Honor Roll Elite - Recognizing Frye Regional's commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate stroke treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines
- Mission: Lifeline® NSTEMI Gold Quality Achievement Award - Recognizing Frye Regional for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer heart attacks.
- American College of Cardiology Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation with PCI for its demonstrated expertise and commitment in treating patients who come to the cardiac cath lab for care, including diagnostic catheterizations and percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures.
- American College of Cardiology’s NCDR Chest Pain ̶ MI Registry Platinum Performance Achievement Award for 2019 recognizes Frye Regional’s commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients and signifies that Frye Regional Medical Center has reached an aggressive goal of treating these patients to standard levels of care as outlined by the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association clinical guidelines and recommendations.
- The Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Certification
- Chest Pain Center with PCI Accreditation
- 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 Leapfrog Participant Grade A
Frye Heart Center
Fax: (828) 315-5966
Hours of Operation: 24 Hours
- Behavioral Health
- Brain Center
- Cancer Care
- Cancer Prevention
- Diabetes Care Center
- Diagnostics and Radiology
- FryeCare Outpatient Imaging Center
- Heart Care
- Heart Disease
- Our Heart Team
- Cardiology Procedures
- Cardiothoracic Procedures
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Heart Attack Signs and Symptoms
- Heart Stories
- How to Talk with Your Cardiologist about Heart Disease Symptoms
- How to Prevent Heart Disease
- Mended Hearts Cardiac Caregiver Support Group
- Heart Attack vs. Cardiac Arrest
- Infusion Care Center
- Lung Care
- Men's Health
- Mobile Health
- Occupational Health
- Orthopedic & Spine
- Piedmont Therapy
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Care
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Unifour Pain Treatment Center
- Vascular Center
- Vein Center
- Women's Health Services
- Wound Center