Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Breathe Easier With Frye Regional’s Lung Center
The Frye Regional Lung Center offers a comprehensive approach to help individuals experiencing difficulty with lung function, disease or disorders.
Lung Care may be needed for:
- Lung cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Lung tissue diseases, such as pulmonary fibrosis and sarcoidosis
- Lung circulation diseases, such as pulmonary hypertension
- Breathing difficulties such as severe or chronic asthma, sinusitis and allergies
- Sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome or other sleep disorders
Breathing Difficulty or Disorders
The Frye Lung Center offers various therapeutic treatments for individuals who may experience various short-term and long-term breathing difficulty or disorders including:
- Bronchial Lavage - Washes out the lung to remove items such as tissue or infection and may help improve breathing
- Bronchial stents - Stents may improve airflow in the lungs.
- Bronchial thermoplasty - Procedure designed to help individuals who suffer from severe asthma through a series of ablation treatments that reshapes tissue in the airways.
- The Frye Lung Center also offers Y stenting, a procedure that may open multiple airways with a single stent.
- COPD / Emphysema Treatment - Zephyr Valve Procedure - The first FDA-approved, minimally-invasive device available in the U.S. for treating patients with severe emphysema. Learn More
- Therapeutic bronchoscopy - Procedure that opens obstructed airways for easier breathing.
- Thoracentesis - Drains fluid off the lungs that may cause shortness of breath.
About The TeamThe Frye Regional Lung Center consists of specialists and providers, respiratory therapists, nurses, imaging specialists and others who treat individuals experiencing issues with lung function, disease or disorders.
Pulmonology Specialists - Interventional pulmonologists, pulmonologists, and sleep medicine specialists help lung patients from everyday issues with breathing to more intensive breathing disorders and cancer and other diseases. Sleep medicine is also offered as a specialty.
Lung surgeons - Cardiothoracic surgery for lung patients including minimally invasive VATS lobectomy and pneumonectomy. A board-certified cardiothoracic surgeon is able to perform invasive and complex lung surgeries for cancer and tumor removal.
Frye Regional Lung Center Team
The Frye Regional Lung Center team includes:
- Cardiothoracic surgeons
- Interventional pulmonologists
- Critical care
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Imaging specialists
The team at Frye Regional is equipped to work with patients who require inpatient care or an outpatient procedure.
During recovery, Frye Regional offers inpatient and outpatient pulmonology therapy as well as pulmonary rehabilitation.
Lung Cancer Screening.
Frye Regional’s Sleep Center, accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, offers sleep testing to detect and treat sleep disorders including sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, insomnia or narcolepsy.
The Sleep Center includes:
- Home Sleep Studies
- Sleep studies for the Shift Worker
- Frye Neurodiagnostics Laboratory
Meet the providers:
Interventional Pulmonology and Pulmonology
- Franklin McGuire, MD, Interventional Pulmonologist, Pulmonary Medicine, Internal Medicine and Critical Care
- Mary Polk, MD, Pulmonologist and Sleep Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Internal Medicine and Critical Care
- Richard Lupton, MD, Pulmonologist and Intensivist, Pulmonary Medicine, Internal Medicine and Critical Care
- Saurav Pokharel, MD, Pulmonologist
- Cassandra Hefner, DNP, MSN, RN, FNP-BC, Nurse Practitioner
- Behavioral Health
- Brain Center
- Cancer Care
- Cancer Prevention
- Diabetes Care Center
- Diagnostics and Radiology
- FryeCare Outpatient Imaging Center
- Heart Care
- Infusion Care Center
- Lung Care
- Men's Health
- Mobile Health
- Occupational Health
- Orthopedic & Spine
- Piedmont Therapy
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Care
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Unifour Pain Treatment Center
- Vascular Center
- Vein Center
- Women's Health Services
- Wound Center