Mobile Health Services
The Mobile Health bus at Frye Regional Medical Center brings healthcare to you in a way that is unique to the greater Hickory area.
Frye is making it easier than ever to stay on top of your health. Offering education, vaccines, and screening tools, the Frye team is here to help you get on the road to wellness.
Look for the Mobile Health bus at:
- Community events
- Corporate wellness fairs
- Senior centers
- Local gatherings
As a trusted regional medical center, Frye is reaching out to help people take control of their health through accessible, affordable health screenings and education.
Request Mobile Health Services
The Mobile Health Unit is fully customizable to your needs. Choose from our menu of services listed below to tailor to the needs of your organization.
The mobile screening bus is available for mammograms the second Wednesday of the month from 9 am - 5 pm at the Office Practice of Pharmacy in Taylorsville. Call (828) 315-7016 to schedule an appointment.
Digital Screening mammography
- A form of mammography uses computers instead of film to examine breast tissue for signs of breast cancer
Cardiovascular risk assessment
- This screening reviews health factors that may indicate a person's chance of having a cardiovascular event such as a heart attack or stroke. A cardiovascular risk assessment includes total cholesterol, glucose, blood pressure check, height, weight, BMI, waist circumference and stroke risk assessment.
Stroke risk assessment
- Find out your risk for stroke and ways to reduce your risk.
- A basic assessment of overall health by measuring total cholesterol and glucose by a fingerstick, blood pressure check, height, weight and BMI
Vein screening and education
- This visual exam will check for possible issues with large or varicose veins.
Diabetic Foot Inspection
- A healthcare provider will do a complete examination of the foot to look for small sores or open areas that may be difficult to heal. The healthcare provider will also check for areas that are numb or tingly.
Skin cancer education
Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
- A PFT helps to determine if lung function is normal or abnormal. This screening measures how much air the lungs can hold and how well the lungs use the air that you breathe.
Balance and Falls Risk Assessment
- A Physical Therapist will review risk factors for falling which include age, medications, history of previous falls and medical conditions. Additionally, advice is shared about how to prevent falls.
- A nurse practitioner performs physicals to check overall health. This service includes a basic eye exam. Screening mammograms may be performed the same day. Insurance will be filed and a report can be sent to the employee's primary care doctor.
Various health education opportunities
- Surgical weight loss
- Pelvic health
- Lung cancer/lung cancer screenings
- Behavioral Health
- Brain Center
- Cancer Care
- Cancer Prevention
- Diabetes Care Center
- Diagnostics and Radiology
- FryeCare Outpatient Imaging Center
- Heart Care
- Infusion Care Center
- Lung Care
- Men's Health
- Mobile Health
- Occupational Health
- Orthopedic & Spine
- Piedmont Therapy
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Care
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Unifour Pain Treatment Center
- Vascular Center
- Vein Center
- Women's Health Services
- Wound Center