Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Surgical Weight Loss
Life is filled with lots of little moments. For those who struggle with excess weight, those little moments can become hardships, even a source of shame or embarrassment. Everyday activities like buckling a seatbelt, bending over to tie shoes or squeezing behind a booth in a restaurant can be difficult when you are carrying too much weight.
Whatever your little moment is, the Frye Regional Surgical Weight Loss Center is here to help. Since 2001`, we have worked with thousands of individuals who struggled with those daily activities, and partnered with them to regain their health and change their lives.
Accredited by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, the American College of Surgeons, and multiple insurance companies our clinical team prides itself on working closely with our patients to achieve their goals through weight-loss surgery. Our program is completely tailored to you-there are no standard tests that each patient has to undergo like some other programs.
Learn more about Frye's Surgical Weight Loss Program.
Meet A Few of Our Surgical Weight Loss Success Stories
3 Steps to Change Your Life
Let's get started today! Weight Loss Surgery is a journey and we're here with you every step of the way. Learn wheter you are a candidate and more about the procedures available at Frye, which include Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass and the Gastric Sleeve procedures. Our weight loss specialists will share more about the process. If you have questions or want to talk with us, you may also contact a Surgical Weight Loss Team Member at 828.315.5577 for more information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: Calculate Your BMI
Find out your BMI using this calculator. Candidates for weight loss surgery typically have a BMI of 35 or higher (with additional health considerations) or a BMI of 40 and higher (without additional health considerations).
I'm a Male Female
Based on your BMI, you do not appear to be a candidate for weight loss surgery.
Your Body Mass Index is
Candidates for weight loss surgery typically have a BMI of 35 or higher (with additional health considerations) or a BMI of 40 and higher (without additional health considerations).
Step 2: Watch Our Videos
Your Body Mass Index is
You can expect to lose - lbs of your excess body weight from weight loss surgery.
You are a potential candidate for weight loss surgery.
You may qualify for weight loss surgery.
To learn more about our program, we have created a series of short videos that talk more about the process and how Frye's approach to Weight Loss Surgery is different. You may also contact a Surgical Weight Loss Team Member at 828.315.5577 for more information or email us at email@example.com
Fill out the form to get started
Once you've watched all the videos, take the quiz.
Step 3: Take the Quiz
Test your knowledge and see how much you learned about the potential benefits of weight loss surgery.
1. What is the purpose of bariatric surgery?To lose weight
To become healthier
To get off medications
All of the above
2. Possible complications following bariatric surgery include:Bleeding
All of the above
3. Having bariatric surgery means never having to worry about what to eat for the rest of my life.True
4. I will do better if I start making positive changes now like eating leaner proteins, taking vitamins and doing more physical activity.True
5. How long after bariatric surgery can I stop taking recommended vitamin/mineral supplements?6 Months
6. How long do I need to follow up with the bariatric teams after surgery?3 Months
7. What factors influence success after bariatric surgery?Thoughts
All of the Above
8. The psychological evaluation is used to identify risk factors that may interfere with success after surgery and to develop a plan to address these risks.True
9. Increased activity/exercise can positively affect my weight loss.True
10. When performing the sleeve gastrectomy, the surgeon reroutes portions of the intestinal tract.True
Step 4: Keep Going.
Thank you for your interest in learning more about Surgical Weight Loss and how the program at Frye Regional can help you achieve some of your health goals. You’ve taken an important first step, and now we’d like to make sure you continue your journey to a healthier you.
Someone from our program will contact you soon, but in the meantime, please contact our Surgical Weight Loss Coordinator at 828.315.5577 if you’d like more information right away.