Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
The Birthing Center pampers moms and moms-to-be with educational classes, private labor and delivery suites, mom and baby rooming-in options, mommy massages and much more. Our caring staff of physicians, nurse practitioners, lactation consultants and nurses are prepared to care for you and your baby. You can even expect an elegant dinner for two to celebrate before you leave.
Birthing Center Services
At Frye, we will help you along the way as you prepare for childbirth and motherhood. The Birthing Center provides a variety of services for mother and baby:
- Labor and Delivery: Here’s what you can expect before, during and immediately after your baby arrives. Admitting information and pre-admission forms, too.
- Lactation (Breastfeeding) Consultants: A certified lactation consultant will visit during your stay to help you bond with your baby and answer questions.
- Care for mother and baby: Every baby born at Frye is special. Our team in the Newborn Nursery and Neonatal ICU checks on mother and baby often, especially immediately after delivery.
Classes and Special Programs
- Healthy Habits: A healthy baby starts with a healthy mom.
- Childbirth Classes: For new moms and those wanting a refresher.
- Breastfeeding Classes: Covering a wide variety of topics, including advice for working moms.
- Car Seat Safety Class: Don’t wait until you’re discharged to learn the right way to transport baby.
- Baby Safety Class: From infant CPR to proper bathing techniques.
- Sibling Tour: A fun and interactive class for big brother or big sister, ages 3-7.
- Breastfeeding Support Group: Other breastfeeding or pumping mothers share their experiences.
- Mom to Mom! This group meets the 3rd Thursday of each month from 5:30 – 7:30 pm at the Sweetwater Early Childhood Education Center. The program is free and includes childcare and light snacks. Please call (828) 855-9363 for more information.
- Circle of Parents: Join the conversation about raising children 0-5 years. Meetings are 10-11:30 a.m. Thursdays at the Alexander County Partnership for Children. Free childcare is available. Please call (828) 632-3799 for more information.
- Family Guidance Center: This multi-service agency provides general counseling services for grief, anxiety, family and marriage problems and more. Please call (828) 322-1400 for more information, or contact a specific program:
- Consumer Credit and Housing Counseling: For information about financial and debt counseling, budgeting and foreclosure prevention. (828) 322-7161.
- First Step Domestic Violence Services: Includes crisis intervention and 24/7 shelter for victims and children fleeing domestic violence. (828) 322-1400.
- First Step Domestic Violence Services Crisis Line: Available after hours and weekends. (828) 228-1787
- Rape and Sexual Assault Services: Provides counseling to help heal the trauma and provide advocacy and support at the hospital.
Frye Regional Birthing Center
420 N Center St
Hickory, NC 28601
Fax: (828) 315-4163
Hours of Operation: 24 Hours
Other contact numbers
Well Baby Nursery: (828) 315-3267
Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery: (828) 315-3232
Lactation (Breastfeeding) Center: (828) 315-3041
Hospital Main Line: (828) 315-5000
Perinatal Education: (828) 315-3041 (Childbirth Classes, Sibling Tour, etc.)
Nurse Manager of Maternal Child Services: (828) 315-5287
- Behavioral Health
- Brain Center
- Cancer Care
- Cancer Prevention
- Diabetes Care Center
- Diagnostics and Radiology
- FryeCare Outpatient Imaging Center
- Heart Care
- Home Health
- Infusion Care Center
- Lung Care
- Men's Health
- Mobile Health
- Occupational Health
- Orthopedic & Spine
- Piedmont Therapy
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Care
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Unifour Pain Treatment Center
- Vascular Center
- Vein Center
- Women's Health Services
- Wound Center