Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Safety and Visitation Guidelines
We use the four bracelet system to identify your baby. The nurses must identify the baby and baby's support person by checking both bracelets. This person must wear the bracelet during the entire hospital stay. It cannot be taken off and carried.
When necessary, the baby is transported to the mother’s room in a bassinet, not carried in the arms. The baby is to go only to the mother’s room,
not to any other part of the hospital.
Your baby’s safety is a priority at Frye Regional Medical Center. You can help us keep your baby protected by following these important steps:
- Become familiar with the hospital personnel who work in the Maternal/Newborn area and their routines.
- Never leave your baby alone or unsupervised in the room, even when bathing or using the restroom. The baby should be in his/her crib when not being held.
- Feel free to question anyone who comes into your room and requests to take your baby from the room for any reason.
- Only nurses with a red background behind their ID photo should ask to remove your infant from your room.
- Check for proper identification before giving your baby to anyone. Your ID band should always be checked along with your infant’s ID band.
- Observe visitation hours and rules. If you have any questions or concerns at any time during your stay, ask your nurse, press the call light or call the nursery.
Frye Regional Birthing Center
420 N Center St
Hickory, NC 28601
Fax: (828) 315-4163
Hours of Operation: 24 Hours
- Behavioral Health
- Brain Center
- Cancer Care
- Cancer Prevention
- Diabetes Care Center
- Diagnostics and Radiology
- FryeCare Outpatient Imaging Center
- Heart Care
- Home Health
- Infusion Care Center
- Lung Care
- Men's Health
- Mobile Health
- Occupational Health
- Orthopedic & Spine
- Piedmont Therapy
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Care
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Unifour Pain Treatment Center
- Vascular Center
- Vein Center
- Women's Health Services
- Wound Center