Inpatient RehabilitationCall 828.315.3601
You don’t need to travel far from home for high quality inpatient rehabilitation. If you or a loved one is recovering from a stroke, orthopedic injury, traumatic brain injury, or other serious condition and are 18 years or older, Frye Regional’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Center has the resources to help you recover.
Get Started at Frye Regional Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
Our team helps patients who have suffered a loss of function due to (but not limited to):
- Brain Injury (both traumatic and non-traumatic)
- Hip Fracture
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders (Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis, Guillan-Barre, etc.)
- Multiple Traumatic Injury
- Complicated Orthopedic Injury
- Deconditioning or debility as a result of an long illness
Our Interdisciplinary Approach
Our interdisciplinary professionals are trained to assist and motivate every patient in maximizing recovery and reaching functional goals and independence through an individualized treatment plan. We work closely from the time of admission to discharge with patients and their families.
Patients have access to:
- Physician who is trained and experienced in physical rehabilitation and medicine
- Certified rehabilitation registered nurses
- Nursing assistants
- Neuro-trained licensed physical therapists and licensed physical therapy assistants
- Occupational therapists and licensed occupational therapy assistants
- Speech-language pathologists
- Rehab nurse case manager specializing in care coordination
- Orthotists and prosthetists
Patients and families are the center of setting goals for patients to return to the lifestyle they desire. Each patient has an individualized plan of care and treatments tailored to their needs as well as that of their caregivers.
The Benefits of an Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility
Unlike a skilled nursing facility (SNF), our program provides:
- Three hours of therapy a day, five to seven days a week
- Physician visits three to five times per week
- Nurses specializing in restoring, educating, promoting and maximizing health and function
- Immediate access to specialists, radiology, lab services and emergency care – in the same facility
Other Services Offered
- Home assessments completed by physical and occupational therapists, accompanied by the patient and family
- Community reintegration education and outings:
- Modified barium swallow studies to evaluate swallow function
- Fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES)
- Easy access to specialty care, consultants and emergency care if needed
- Light gait training to help patients move more freely
- Kitchen on the unit to perform daily kitchen tasks and meal preparation in a therapeutic setting
- Aquatic therapy in heated therapeutic pool (94-96 degrees)
Referrals to Frye Regional's Inpatient Rehabilitation Center can be made by a physician, social worker, case manager, home health agency, or insurance company. Patients and their loved ones may also make a referral. To make a referral, contact our Admissions Office at 828.315.3601.
Services are covered by most health insurance plans. Many managed care plans require pre-authorization prior to admission.