The Birthing Center pampers moms and moms-to-be with educational classes, private labor and delivery suites, mom and baby rooming-in options, mommy massages and much more. Our caring staff of physicians, nurse practitioners, lactation consultants and nurses are prepared to care for you and your baby. You can even expect an elegant dinner for two to celebrate before you leave.
Birthing Center Services
At Frye Regional, we will help you along the way as you prepare for childbirth and motherhood. The Birthing Center provides a variety of services for mother and baby:
- Care for mother and baby: Every baby born at Frye Regional's Birth Center is special. Our team in the Newborn Nursery and Neonatal ICU checks on mother and baby often, especially immediately after delivery.
- Labor and Delivery: Here’s what you can expect before, during and immediately after your baby arrives. Admitting information and pre-admission forms, too.
Childbirth Education Classes
Frye Regional is committed to ensuring that you and your family are prepared for your new arrival. Our team offers complimentary educational classes and resources. Learn more about the childbirth courses we offer and see our 2022 calendar year class schedule.
We offer free virtual childbirth classes. Rely on our educators to make you feel comfortable and prepared when your big day comes.
Call 828.315.3041 to register.
- Circle of Parents: Join the conversation about raising children 0-5 years. Meetings are 10 - 11:30 a.m. Thursdays at the Alexander County Partnership for Children. Free childcare is available. Please call 828.632.3799 for more information.
- Family Guidance Center: This multi-service agency provides general counseling services for grief, anxiety, family and marriage problems and more. Please call 828.322.1400 for more information, or contact a specific program:
- Consumer Credit and Housing Counseling: For information about financial and debt counseling, budgeting and foreclosure prevention. 828.322.7161.
- First Step Domestic Violence Services: Includes crisis intervention and 24/7 shelter for victims and children fleeing domestic violence. 828.322.1400.
- First Step Domestic Violence Services Crisis Line: Available after hours and weekends. 828.228.1787.
- Rape and Sexual Assault Services: Provides counseling to help heal the trauma and provide advocacy and support at the hospital.
- Mom to Mom! This group meets the 3rd Thursday of each month from 5:30 – 7:30 pm at the Sweetwater Early Childhood Education Center. The program is free and includes childcare and light snacks. Please call 828.855.9363 for more information.Find Us
Frye Regional Birthing Center
420 N Center St
Hickory, NC 28601
Hours of Operation: 24 Hours
Other contact numbers
Well Baby Nursery: 828.315.3267
Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery: 828.315.3232
Lactation (Breastfeeding) Center: 828.315.3041
Hospital Main Line: 828.315.5000
Perinatal Education: 828.315.3041 (Childbirth Classes, Sibling Tour, etc.)
Administrator of Maternal Child Services: 828.315.5287