Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation doctors treat patients who are recovering from a stroke, orthopedic injury, traumatic brain injury, and more.
Frye Regional's rehabilitation services include acute care and outpatient rehabilitation services including rehabilitation nursing, physical, occupational and speech therapy in an outpatient setting or 20-bed Inpatient Rehabilitation Center.
Frye Regional Rehabilitation Center is a unique 20-bed inpatient unit led by a physician who specializes in rehabilitative medicine. That individual leads the interdisciplinary treatment team, made up of rehabilitation nurses, physical therapists, occupational and speech therapists to help individuals 18 years of age and older recover and restore function. Our unit is located on the sixth floor of Frye Regional for easy access to specialist consults, testing or emergent care.
Brain diagnoses include:
- Brain injury
- Brain tumors
- Major multiple trauma
- Some neurological conditions
- Parkinson’s disease
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to follow simple directions
- Anticipated discharge plan to home, independent living or assisted living
- Have a reasonable expectation of improvement
- Have a physical disability that requires 2 or more therapies (PT, OT, ST)
- Medically stable and able to participate in 3 hours of therapy daily, 5 out of 7 days
- Requires 24-hour rehabilitation nursing and rehabilitation physician care and monitoring
Call 828.315.3601 for information.
Assists with improving:
- Coordination and ability to coordinate movements
- Muscle tone
Assists with improving:
- Activities of daily living, such as eating, bathing, dressing and homemaking skills
- Eye/hand coordination
- Sensory-motor integration
- Speech therapy
- Upper body strengthening
- Mathematical skills
- Motor speech skills
- Reading and writing
- Receptive and expressive language skills
- Cognitive thinking abilities:
- Sequencing, orientation, short-term memory, reasoning, judgment, problem solving, organization, attention span, and perceptual skills
A variety of therapeutic programs are available to help patients regain function following neurological problems:
Inpatient Rehabilitation - A comprehensive rehabilitation program to help patients age 18 or older recover from stroke, traumatic brain injury, or other serious conditions.
LSVT BIG and LOUD - Frye Regional offers LSVT for patients with Parkinson's disease or other movement disorders.
Parkinson's Classes - Classes are offered through the Hickory Foundation YMCA in partnership with Frye Regional Therapy Services.
Vestibular Rehabilitation and Balance and Falls Program - Vestibular rehabilitation offers treatment for dizziness associated with multiple medical conditions. We also offer a balance and fall prevention and treatment program.
Neurorehabilitation - Therapists with advanced training, including Saebo and neurodevelopmental treatment training, evaluate and provide therapy for neurological conditions.
Driver Assessment Program - A North Carolina state-licensed driving school specializing in drivers with physical disabilities or other conditions that may interfere with motor vehicle operation
Speech Therapy - Helps with cognition and swallowing
Call 828.315.3186 for more information.
A physician referral is needed for rehabilitation therapy.