If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1
About Our Emergency Services
The Emergency Room (ER) at Frye Regional Medical Center is located at 420 North Center Street in the downtown Hickory area. The department is open 24 hours a day for all emergencies.
Our ER employs 11 board-certified emergency medicine physicians, as well as other emergency trained personnel.
We offer major, minor and Fast Track Treatment areas designed to maximize and expedite patient care.
What to Expect in our ER
Frye Regional Medical Center’s dedicated emergency care team stands ready
24/7 to provide our community with quality emergency care in its newly
renovated and expanded Emergency Room.
Fast Facts about Frye's newly renovated and expanded Emergency Room:
- Approximately $12 million construction project
- 32 patient rooms (only 14 rooms prior to renovation)
- Three nurses stations (only one station prior to renovation)
- 40,000 – Number of patients seen annually in Frye’s Emergency Room
Recognize the Symptoms:
Some of the most common life-threatening emergencies are heart attacks and stroke. If you suspect you or someone you love is experiencing a heart attack or stroke, call 9-1-1 immediately.
Frye's Quality Emergency Care has been Recognized:
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- American Heart Association Mission Lifeline STEMI (Heart Attack) Receiving Facility
- Certified Primary Stroke Center
For more information, please call the Frye Regional Medical Center Emergency Room at 828.315.3190
Frye Regional Emergency Services
420 N. Center St.
Hickory, NC 28601
Hours of Operation: 24 Hours
- Behavioral Health
- Brain Center
- Cancer Care
- Cancer Prevention
- Diabetes Care Center
- Diagnostics and Radiology
- FryeCare Outpatient Imaging Center
- Heart Care
- Infusion Care Center
- Lung Care
- Men's Health
- Mobile Health
- Mother & Baby
- Occupational Health
- Orthopedic & Spine
- Piedmont Therapy
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Care
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Unifour Pain Treatment Center
- Vascular Center
- Vein Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Center