With some exceptions, Frye Regional Medical Center is lifting many of its visitor restrictions at the hospital, outpatient facilities and physician practices. Effective March 29, 2023, our new visitation policy will be as follows:
Visitation is limited to two visitors per inpatient. Visiting hours are from 8 am to 8 pm daily. The Emergency Department and Birthing Center currently allow 24-hour visitation. For outpatient locations, two visitors may accompany adult patients as waiting room social distancing allows.
To provide a safe, healing environment:
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to limit their time visiting to allow patients to heal
- Visitors may switch out, but are limited to two visitors in the patient’s room at a given time
- Patients may request to have one support person remain at their bedside beyond regular visiting hours
- Children under age 13 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult (not the patient) at all times
- All visitors must must wear a mask in all clinical areas, including inpatient care units, patient rooms and clinic waiting rooms
Please note, our staff will be masked at ALL TIMES when in direct contact with patients.
VISITATION POLICY FOR COVID-19 HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS
- In-person visitation is limited to one healthy support person while the patient is in isolation
- During in-person compassionate care visits:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times – to include gowns, gloves, hospital-issued mask and eye protection*
- Limit touching of surfaces during the visit and use hand sanitizer when leaving the patient's room
- Visitors must remain at the patient’s bedside throughout the visit; visitors are not permitted to walk around the unit or hospital, including the cafeteria
- Virtual visitation is available and recommended due to risk of exposure from in-person visitation
*Visitors of COVID-19 hospitalized patients must check in with a nurse prior to entering the isolation room to be shown how to safely put on and remove PPE.
Pastors and clergy are welcome to visit hospitalized patients following all visitation guidelines.
The health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff are our top priorities. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!