Frye Regional Medical Center priorities your safety and well-being while recognizing the positive effect visitation has on our patients. We have updated visitation guidelines at our hospital, outpatient departments and physician clinics as part of our patient-centered care based on recommendations from the CDC, effective June 19, 2023.
Visitation is limited to two visitors per inpatient. Visiting hours are from 8 am to 8 pm daily. The Emergency Department and Birthing Center currently allow 24-hour visitation. For outpatient locations, two visitors may accompany adult patients.
Due to the sustained decrease in COVID-19 case counts and hospitalizations, face masks are optional for patients, visitors and team members in most circumstances, with some exceptions. Masking may be required in select patient care areas or patient rooms based on their medical condition. Please continue to follow all posted signage.
Patients and visitors with respiratory symptoms should wear a mask. You are welcome to continue masking in mask-optional areas.
We will continue to monitor community respiratory illness levels for any additional adjustments.
To provide a safe, healing environment:
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to limit their time visiting to allow patients to heal
- Visitors may switch out, but are limited to two visitors in the patient’s room at a given time
- Patients may request to have one support person remain at their bedside beyond regular visiting hours
- Children under age 13 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult (not the patient) at all times
VISITATION POLICY FOR COVID-19 HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS
- In-person visitation is limited to one healthy support person while the patient is in isolation
- During in-person compassionate care visits:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times – to include gowns, gloves, hospital-issued mask and eye protection*
- Limit touching of surfaces during the visit and use hand sanitizer when leaving the patient's room
- Visitors must remain at the patient’s bedside throughout the visit; visitors are not permitted to walk around the unit or hospital, including the cafeteria
*Visitors of COVID-19 hospitalized patients must check in with a nurse prior to entering the isolation room to be shown how to safely put on and remove PPE.
Thank you for your attention and commitment to patient and team member safety!