Frye Regional Medical Center has updated its visitation policy, effective May 15, 2022
Visitation is limited to two visitors per inpatient. Visiting hours are from 8 am to 8 pm daily. The Emergency Department and Birthing Center currently allow 24-hour visitation. If the Emergency Department is busy, visitors should be prepared to be available by cell phone until the patient is seen, to allow for social distancing in the waiting room. For outpatient locations, two visitors may accompany adult patients as waiting room social distancing allows.
- Are required to enter through the hospital's Main Entrance
- Are strongly encouraged to limit their time visiting to allow patients to heal
- May switch out, but are limited to two visitors in the patient’s room at a given time
- Must be 13 years or older (exceptions approved by hospital staff) and minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times*
- Must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth at all times
* Siblings of all ages are welcome to visit with their parents and new baby in The Birthing Center at Frye Regional
VISITATION POLICY FOR COVID-19 HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS
- For in-person visits, all general visitation guidelines listed above must be followed
- In-person visitation is limited to one healthy support person while the patient is in isolation
- During in-person compassionate care visits:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times – to include gowns, gloves, hospital-issued mask and eye protection*
- Limit touching of surfaces during the visit and use hand sanitizer when leaving the patient's room
- Visitors must remain at the patient’s bedside throughout the visit; visitors are not permitted to walk around the unit or hospital, including the cafeteria
- Virtual visitation is available and recommended due to risk of exposure from in-person visitation
*Visitors of COVID-19 hospitalized patients must check in with a nurse prior to entering the isolation room to be shown how to safely put on and remove PPE.
Pastors and clergy are welcome to visit hospitalized patients following all visitation guidelines.
Upon entry, all visitors to the hospital must proceed to the mandatory temperature screening location. By entering the hospital, visitors are attesting that they:
- Are not currently COVID-19 positive
- Do not have any new loss of taste or smell
- Do not have any symptoms of respiratory infection or flu
- Have not been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person in the last 14 days
The health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff are our top priorities. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!